Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Guess what?! I'm Back!

I know you've all missed me terribly. Really, you obviously can't imagine a week going by without reading one of my absurd and random postings. Just admit it. :) I'm kidding of course. Every time I leave the blog for a bit and come back I'm surprised by how many views I still get. Either way, I'm back for the time being. There are no guarantees that I won't fall off again, that seems to be my pattern. I really do love posting about my life and the books that I'm reading. Mostly I'd say that it is a form of release for me. 

Things are going swimmingly here on the home front. My beautiful daughter Inez is almost eight weeks old and my amazing son is now an incredibly big four year old boy. My husband to be Nick is still being the most amazing man in the universe, of whom I'm not certain that I deserve. (But I'm going to keep him either way.) It looks like it has been since the end of May since my last post, so I'll update you on what happened in the interim. 

June, July, and half of August I was miserable and very large. It was also very hot. I've only been pregnant twice. Yet, I can safely say that pregnancy does not suit me. The wonder and joy of having children is unmatched by any feeling in the world. The awfulness of building the baby is worth every moment of getting to care for my two most favorite little people. I stopped working at the end of June and have been a stay at home mommy since then. Recently I've begun considering the idea of finding a job, but haven't quite embarked on that adventure yet. For the past eight weeks I have been sleeping very little and loving very much. Getting to know this new little human has certainly been a tiring roller coaster ride. 

It's only been within the past week or so that I've begun to find myself again. Being a baby building machine and a worn out mother tends to cause a loss of interest in things that used to be so awesome to me. Even my birthday was kind of hum-drum. I turned a quarter of a century old. 25. God. I'm old now. 25, two kids, a wonderful husband to be, and no career. It's certainly a place that I never really expected to be in my life. Not that I'm not enjoying it. I just never thought I'd be here. If you ask Nick, he'll say the same. Our life together is incredible; it's only getting better. 

While I've been finding myself again, I have also been deep cleaning the house. Which involves moving furniture, throwing away a bunch of useless things, sorting stuff, and finally putting away those god awful maternity clothes. The more of my old interests I feel the more I realize that I almost lost myself in all the craziness of a new baby. They say that baby blues effect about 80% of women after having their kiddos. The definitely got me. I'm better now. I've read two books in the last two days and it's GLORIOUS! Haha. Being home gives me plenty of time to clean and to read. Now if I can just convince Inez that she wants to take her nap at the same time as her brother my days will be perfect!

Anyway, I suppose the point of all this is to say that for at least the time being I will be posting reviews and tidbits of my life again. I know that I'm much more excited about this than you are. Either way. Onward and Upward!


Be jealous of how beautiful my children are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment